medicine for the soul;
no matter how long ago
“We can’t always control what happens to us, but we can control the meaning we give to those events in our life”
Dr. H. Goldberg
Despite best intentions, planning for birth, visualisations and positive thinking sometimes birth does’t go to plan.
Other times, the intensity, medical management of and feelings of overwhelm, separation from your baby, lack of control and the unknown can take anyone by surprise and leave you feeling disconnected, in shock and disappointed in how birth unfolded.
Are you ready to make peace with and uncover new insights and personal meaning from your birthing experience?
If you say YES, to any of the following, Birth Story Healing is for you:
- you feel disappointed, upset, drained when you think about your birth. Have feelings of resentment, grief, shame or sadness either with certain aspects of how your birth unfolded or the whole birth experience itself.
- you are still coming to terms with unexpected and/or unwished-for events that happened during your labour and birth.
- your birth has left you feeling traumatised, worried or fearful of subsequent births to come.
- you are preparing for conception or pregnant and would like to debrief a previous birth experience.
- you are a birth worker, i.e. midwife, student midwife, doula, childbirth educator and have feelings of failing or disappointing parents or experiencing distress from what you have witness and or been part of.
“Healing comes in many layers, sometimes you have to turn over every stone to find the answers to your heart’s deepest questions”
Lara holds a safe and non-judgmental space for you to process and see your ‘birth story’ in a new and more compassionate way. Be heard, validated and gently supported through the uncovering of new insights and meaning.
“Birth Story Medicine is an uplifting guided personal-growth process that brings insight, resolution, and healing after a difficult or disappointing birth.” Birthing From Within
I am a trained Birthing From Within Childbirth Mentor and trained in Birth Story Medicine, a unique approach developed by Pam England.
I also hold a B. A honours in Psychology, a Certificate iv of Clinical Hypnotherapy and Counselling and am an experienced counsellor. I’m a doula, childbirth educator and mother.
Work with me:
The ‘mother’s journey to wholeness‘ package consist of three 60 to 75 minutes sessions held over the course of 2 months. The renumeration is $180.
Single sessions renumeration $85.00
For mothers, birth workers and fathers
In person sessions are held in Byron Bay, NSW
Skype sessions available.
bookings or find out more contact Lara: info @ conscious birth .com